Tax ID assistance for non-US workers

ITIN Services

The ITIN, also known as a PIN, Tax ID or Taxpayer ID, serves as your identification number when you submit your tax return.

An ITIN is needed for people working in the United States who do not qualify to receive a Social Security number. The ITIN, is also known as a PIN, Tax ID or Taxpayer ID serves as your identification number when you submit your tax return.  

An ITIN allows you:

  • To get a tax refund from your wage withholdings if you are owed one.

  • It will let you claim dependents for children that you support that live in the United States, Canada or Mexico.  

  • It may allow you to apply for a mortgage loan or open a bank account.

What documents do I need to apply for an ITIN number?

  • Per IRS Form W-7, to begin the ITIN application process, you will need to provide the following:

  • A complete IRS Form W-7

  • A U.S. federal income tax return

  • Your Passport or TWO (2) of the following documents: (including at least one identification with photo and one identification from your country):

    • National Identification Document (this must be current, and include your name, photo, address, date of birth, and expiration date)

    • U.S. driver's license

    • Foreign driver's license

    • Birth Certificate (required for a dependent unless a passport is being submitted and the passport has a date of entry into the U.S.)

    • State I.D.

    • Foreign Voter's Registration card 

    • Visa issued by the Department of State

    • U.S Military ID card

    • Foreign Military ID card

    • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services photo I.D.

    • Medical (for dependents under age 6 only)

    • School records (for dependents under age 18 only)

We can fill out an application form for an ITIN for you, your spouse, and your dependents when you prepare your tax return with us. 

Sign up for our newsletter.

Each month, we will send you a roundup of our latest blog content covering the tax and accounting tips & insights you need to know.

I confirm this is a service inquiry and not an advertising message or solicitation. By clicking “Submit”, I acknowledge and agree to the creation of an account and to the and .
I consent to receive SMS messages

Let Book Meister relieve your tax & accounting stress today.
U.S.-based Tax & Accounting Experts and Proud Partner of ADP.